MOXiI 2 - State of the union - new

Important news

Re: MOXiI 2 - State of the union - new

Postby RandomDSdevel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:09 pm

Siguza wrote:DRM has grown to kind of work for interactive software (takes insane amounts of time to crack (e.g. Just Cause 3) and you can't just film the screen or something), but for anything that's just media (even if wrapped in a viewer application), copying is trivial and automatable.

But even if it worked, any such measures would most likely by far exceed the effort, time and costs of printing.

Oh, those are all good points that I didn't consider (and probably should have, but I can sheepishly admit to not having dealt with this kind of stuff as a content creator before myself.)
RandomDSdevel

Postby reginald » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 am

Any news on color edition?

Also, are there going to be any ios 11 updates to Vol. 3?
reginald

Postby morpheus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:03 pm

My printer has been giving me so much pain with this I've decided to try for a combined Vol.1.2.3 in hardcover. That will greatly offset printing costs.

Re iOS 11 updates question - that's exactly why I started http://newosxbook.com/ChangeLog.html

Bear in mind, however, that iOS 11 is THE LAST VERSION OF IOS I PLAN TO "SUPPORT" (and by "SUPPORT" I mean "document"). I don't see these updates going on any further, due to the amount of work and effort they require.
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby RandomDSdevel » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:17 pm

morpheus wrote:My printer has been giving me so much pain with this I've decided to try for a combined Vol.1.2.3 in hardcover. That will greatly offset printing costs.

Egads, you have my sympathies. Might actually look into buying the combined edition, though, as that does sound like a good deal! (I know I have some spare change around here somewhere…winks.)
RandomDSdevel

Previous

Return to Fresh off the press