Remove JB from Apple TV 4K

Issues relating to the upcoming LiberTV TvOS < 11.2 JB. NO MORON "wen eta" though - unless you want to be banned.
Forum rules
  • NO IDIOTIC QUESTIONS ABOUT "WEN ETA JB".
  • Read the FAQ before asking.
  • Otherwise, open discussion and/or requests welcome.

Remove JB from Apple TV 4K

Postby s0nn0r » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Hallo... and sorry for this Question and my bad English

How can I remove the JB from my Apple TV 4K?
I try to reset my TV with no suceed. I cannot update I can do nothing.
I try it with winscp but I cannot see any folder or someone else. The connection is there.
I must update my TV for several Apps like Amazon (11.1 or higher). I'm on 11.0
thx for help
s0nn0r

Re: Remove JB from Apple TV 4K

Postby s0nn0r » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Now way?
s0nn0r

Postby aTVUser » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Can't you just Long hold the main button on the LiberTV App icon and select delete?
Last edited by aTVUser on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aTVUser

Postby blah555 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 pm

aTVUser wrote:Can't you just Menu hold the LiberTV App icon and select delete?

I don't think he's talking about JUST the app, but the whole jailbreak itself. Best thing you can do, is enter into recovery mode, then use iTunes to restore it for you via Wi-Fi.
blah555

Postby aTVUser » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:37 pm

blah555 wrote:

I don't think he's talking about JUST the app, but the whole jailbreak itself. Best thing you can do, is enter into recovery mode, then use iTunes to restore it for you via Wi-Fi.

If you just Delete the LiberTV app and reboot the Jailbreak goes away doesn't it.
You jailbreak on demand I thought.
aTVUser

Postby blah555 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:08 am

aTVUser wrote:
blah555 wrote:

If you just Delete the LiberTV app and reboot the Jailbreak goes away doesn't it.
You jailbreak on demand I thought.

No, LiberTV is a semi-tethered jailbreak, rebooting it does take it out of the jailbreak state. But if it's restored OTA, then you'll experience bootloop. Deleting the jailbreak app and rebooting the device doesn't completely remove the jailbreak, the firmware is still modified until officially restored/updated.
blah555

Postby s0nn0r » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:56 pm

I delete the App and reset my Apple TV. The problem is that i can‘t Update the TV. I get an error (Apple TV cannot Update yet,try again later. I think, that LiberTV modified the host file. By Liberty IOS the hostfile are modified too.
How can I restore my Apple TV with iTunes over Wifi?
s0nn0r

Postby blah555 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:38 pm

s0nn0r wrote:I delete the App and reset my Apple TV. The problem is that i can‘t Update the TV. I get an error (Apple TV cannot Update yet,try again later. I think, that LiberTV modified the host file. By Liberty IOS the hostfile are modified too.
How can I restore my Apple TV with iTunes over Wifi?

Try running the jailbreak again, then ssh into your ATV 4K. You can modify the host file inside the jailbroken device. To re-enable updates/download stock apps - edit /etc/hosts and remove "127.0.0.1 http://menu.apple.com " line. Then this should allow you to download from the App Store and restore.
blah555

Postby s0nn0r » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Can you tell me how i do that? I can connect via ssh over MacOSX Terminal. I try Winscp but i See no files or other Folders.
If it is possible over Terminal can you Post me the comands?
Thx a lot...
Or a Tutorial is better. I ask google but no answer to remove the jailbreak completly.
s0nn0r

Postby blah555 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:01 am

s0nn0r wrote:Can you tell me how i do that? I can connect via ssh over MacOSX Terminal. I try Winscp but i See no files or other Folders.
If it is possible over Terminal can you Post me the comands?
Thx a lot...
Or a Tutorial is better. I ask google but no answer to remove the jailbreak completly.

When you connect via ssh over terminal, it gives you a message to type in a path to get the full bin pack. It starts with "path export=" just type that path name into WinSCP in the terminal button on the top, that'll give you access to the filesystem. After you have access, navigate over to /etc/hosts and edit the "hosts" file. Take out the address I mentioned above, save it and exit out of WinSCP, then reboot your Apple TV, then restore from settings -- Reset.
blah555

Return to LiberTV