Crashes & Kernel Panics

Vent out liberIOS stuff here.
Requests for ETAs or 11.2+ support will be removed without warning!

X - 11.1.2 - Kernel Panic

Postby LakeSereni » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Suffered a KP 2-3 hours after running latest ipa with CydiaImpactor. Have done nothing beyond changing password of Root/Mobile.
KP couldn't be attached as a file, or in BB Tags. Hosted at GhostBin [Can't use pastebin since a character limit applies.]
[Note: I know KPP might not be fully patched etc, but just posting it for your benefit, if any]

https://ghostbin.com/paste/zq2d5

Unlocked with Face ID -> Went to Folder -> Tapped on gmail -> KP -> Apple Logo First time -> Shutdown Itself -> Apple Logo Second -> Shutdown Itself -> Booted into Lock Screen.
LakeSereni

Re: X - 11.1.2 - Kernal Panic

Postby JMOnlineiOS » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:14 pm

How did you get the password to change? I went in via ssh root@ip on my Mac and when I ran passwd, I got command not found. Same with mkdir.
JMOnlineiOS

Postby LakeSereni » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:15 pm

JMOnlineiOS wrote:How did you get the password to change? I went in via ssh root@ip on my Mac and when I ran passwd, I got command not found. Same with mkdir.

Might help to read the MOTD that he has gracefully written for us upon logging in. Bash doesn't know the location of the binaries, so you have to add them to a sort of 'dictionary' so to speak. The command to do so is written in the MOTD.
LakeSereni

Postby JMOnlineiOS » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:20 pm

LakeSereni wrote:
JMOnlineiOS wrote:How did you get the password to change? I went in via ssh root@ip on my Mac and when I ran passwd, I got command not found. Same with mkdir.

Might help to read the MOTD that he has gracefully written for us upon logging in. Bash doesn't know the location of the binaries, so you have to add them to a sort of 'dictionary' so to speak. The command to do so is written in the MOTD.

Ohh. I know my issue. It seems that when I run the export, I expect it to be there permanently. So the first time after running the export line, I exited out of Terminal and it didn't work. I had to run that, then stay in terminal and then passwd worked.
JMOnlineiOS

Postby LakeSereni » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:24 pm

JMOnlineiOS wrote:
LakeSereni wrote:

Ohh. I know my issue. It seems that when I run the export, I expect it to be there permanently. So the first time after running the export line, I exited out of Terminal and it didn't work. I had to run that, then stay in terminal and then passwd worked.

Yeah I didn't realize export didn't survive sessions, could be my overdependent attitude on centos.
LakeSereni

Re: X - 11.1.2 - Kernel Panic

Postby morpheus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:25 pm

So A) Export doesn't survive , but you can put it in your bashrc
B) you can run /jb/makeMeAtHome.sh and drop into zsh

C) Kernel panics are rare, but might occur due to Ian Beer's method of port construction, which is good, but not 100% reliable.
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby Quil0n » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:27 pm

I seem to have the same kernel panic issue as you, on the same model and OS.

Taking a photo with the Camera app causes a crash instantly, and my phone randomly crashes every few hours regardless. This isn't a major issue as my main use (.hosts) is persistent in jailed mode, but I've been unable to get the diagnostic report for the crashes like the one you posted.

I've looked in /Library/Logs where I don't have a DiagnosticReports folder, and /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Panics where there's nothing. I checked /var/logs/CrashReporter as well and there's no reports there either. (As a side note, I used ssh/terminal for all this, not FilzaJailed)

Where did you find yours?

J says: I'd want to have a look at that, especially if it's reproducible (my iPhone X didn't reproduce this behavior, thankfully). Enable diagnostic reports to send to apple, then they'll be created for sure
Quil0n

Postby LakeSereni » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:30 pm

morpheus wrote:So A) Export doesn't survive , but you can put it in your bashrc
B) you can run /jb/makeMeAtHome.sh and drop into zsh

C) Kernel panics are rare, but might occur due to Ian Beer's method of port construction, which is good, but not 100% reliable.

Thanks for the reply, sorry it's just I've had to deal with serious occurrences of KP [Twice Daily on 9.1.2 from day one] for two years , so my tolerance to them is at an all time low.
LakeSereni

Crashes & Kernel Panics

Postby milo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:04 pm

A few hours after running the jailbreak for the first time, my phone kernel panicked while I was browsing Facebook. Crash log says "Unaligned kernel data abort."

iPhone9,1; iOS 11.1.2; crash log: https://ghostbin.com/paste/k9fjp
milo

Postby Quil0n » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Okay, so it turns out my phone has stopped crashing in the Camera app for some reason. I'm not really sure why, considering the only changes I made were reinstalling the original LiberiOS .ipa, rewriting my .hosts file, and moving "uname" to /usr/bin... but I'm glad it works now. Odd bug I guess.

I'll leave the crashes for use if anyone needs them:

Camera App Kernel Panic: https://ghostbin.com/paste/ad9vcojg

Random Crashes:
https://ghostbin.com/paste/fqggmb2y
https://ghostbin.com/paste/a3bz4uqv
Quil0n

Next

Return to liber iOS