Jtool/Jtool2 combined tarball?

Used for discussing the various tools in the book as well as encouraging members to share tools

Jtool/Jtool2 combined tarball?

Postby platformbinary » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:23 pm

Hi Morpheus,

For those who don't know already, those of us using homebrew can get jtool and several other of your tools via homebrew-casks,

E.g, $ brew cask install jtool

Under the hood, the brew command just reaches out to your server and downloads and unpacks the archive on the user's machine.

The homebrew-casks project wants to add jtool2, but for reasons that aren't quite clear to me, they're opposed to having a 'jtool' AND a 'jtool2' cask. I've talked them out of having the 'jtool' cask install jtool2, and removing the original jtool, since the original retains some unique functionality.

Also for reasons I don't fully understand, they said it would be easy if a single, combined tarball available that included both binaries.

Would you be open to this?

Thanks, and thank you for making your tools available to the community. They're immensely valuable.
platformbinary

Re: Jtool/Jtool2 combined tarball?

Postby morpheus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:31 am

I am certainly open to it, but also in the process of deprecating jtool(1) for good, as I already have moved objective-c, and when I'm done with that and code signing there is no reason to use 1 anymore. So give me another week or so before I announce jtool2 v1.0.0.0 final (the first and also last version), which will obviate the need for the previous jtool, and hopefully remain robust and featureful long after I stop maintaining.
morpheus
Site Admin

Return to Tools