LiberTV difficulties

Questions and Answers about all things *OS (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS)

LiberTV difficulties

Postby blah555 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:22 pm

I've been testing LiberTV 1.0.3 with Jonathan's updated binpack from here and it freezes the TV (tested with 4 on 11.0 and 4K 11.1) but, using LiberTV 1.0.2, it works great.

However, there are still some slight issues.

The issues are:

TV 4K (tvOS 11.1) has "Connection Refused" with new binpack on LiberTV 1.0.2.

TV 4 (tvOS 11.0) jailbreak "expires" after 7 days, shutting down any apps - including self-signed - even while still plugged in and powered on. Using impactor (for Windows users) and results the same with Xcode on vm.

TV 4 (tvOS 11.0) LiberTV gets stuck on device and is "unable" to be removed properly after sideloading with impactor and/or Xcode. (Requires deletion of container followed by cache refresh).

So far, the jailbreak is solid on 4 (tvOS 11.1) and 4K (tvOS 11.0). But I do have a couple of questions, *IF* we were to restore from factory settings (not through iTunes, nor updating) on-device using "Reset", to do this would be to edit the Hosts file, modified by QiLin and reboot out of the jailbroken state? To my understanding, this would wipe the system out to a factory restore without boot looping (even if /jb/ bins are mixed in with /usr/ /bin/ /sbin/ but not overwritten)?

I just want to play safe and make absolutely sure.

I'm currently debugging the SSH issue on 4K models, but with no success (since I don't have a 4K model to test) but I thought I should bring this to your attention. Thanks!
blah555

Re: LiberTV difficulties

Postby elist » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Jailbreak "expiring" after 7 days is probably due to signing with "free" developer profile. APPL make it expire in 7 days.
You can:
- Use a paid developer profile to sign
- Resign every 7 days
- Change the machine time / date and disconnect WiFi (I think it still works...) before launching.
elist

Postby blah555 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:32 pm

elist wrote:Jailbreak "expiring" after 7 days is probably due to signing with "free" developer profile. APPL make it expire in 7 days.
You can:
- Use a paid developer profile to sign
- Resign every 7 days
- Change the machine time / date and disconnect WiFi (I think it still works...) before launching.

I like to think that you're right, but unfortunately that's not the case. With LiberTV, you don't need to resign any apps every 7 days (even with a free developer account) and that doesn't work as stated above.

The machine date and time method was for older jailbreaks and no longer works on updated versions since they've been patched.
blah555

Postby morpheus » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:10 am

I'll admit I dropped the ball on LiberTV a bit. I'm working now to update it (and LiberiOS) though not sure how I'll work out the bugs being so unreliable - option 1 is the better multipath bug (requiring a cert) and option 2 is the VFS one (no cert, less reliable).

The amfidebilitate in 11.0.3 can work past the seven day. As for resetting to defaults - that wipes /var, not / - so the auto-updates would remain disabled.

More soon, really. I'll get back to TvOS. Promise.
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby blah555 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:29 am

morpheus wrote:I'll admit I dropped the ball on LiberTV a bit. I'm working now to update it (and LiberiOS) though not sure how I'll work out the bugs being so unreliable - option 1 is the better multipath bug (requiring a cert) and option 2 is the VFS one (no cert, less reliable).

The amfidebilitate in 11.0.3 can work past the seven day. As for resetting to defaults - that wipes /var, not / - so the auto-updates would remain disabled.

More soon, really. I'll get back to TvOS. Promise.

No worries J,

I know you have a lot on your plate, take your time.

The firmware isn't going anywhere (as long as no one updates) so there's no rush.

Thank you!
blah555

Return to Questions and Answers