JTool II: Testers wanted

Used for discussing the various tools in the book as well as encouraging members to share tools

Re: JTool II: Testers wanted

Postby shellcromancer » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Did Jtool2 drop support of reading code signatures for directories? Following along with the examples in *OS Internals v3 and I get the message "Can't operate on a directory (yet...)" using version 2.0 (beta 5, LAS) compiled on Aug 12 2019 19:31:46. Jtool v1 works well with this so I was just curious for this change. Thanks
shellcromancer

Postby morpheus » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:13 am

Yes; I haven't moved all jtool's code signing features to jtool2 yet - apparently this one was lost. Expect it back in when jtool2 goes official 1.0 end of month, and thanks for noticing.
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby Orph » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:12 pm

jtool2 crashes when checking a signature for a plugin (appex), on Ubuntu. Same thing worked with old jtool, but there is a good chance the signature itself is invalid. Error is below

jtool2: malloc.c:2392: sysmalloc: Assertion `(old_top == initial_top (av) && old_size == 0) || ((unsigned long) (old_size) >= MINSIZE && prev_inuse (old_top) && ((unsigned long) old_end & (pagesize - 1)) == 0)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

If you need more input please let me know (and how to get it, since I am not really familiar with Linux)
Orph

Postby morpheus » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:56 pm

yes, please - I need the binary so I can reproduce and figure it out.
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby morpheus » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:15 am

BDA:
----
- iOS 13 friendly
- A13 chip added to chip list
- Preliminary support for iBoot images (iBoot, SecureROM) now that anyone can dump them thanks to @Axi0mX's awesome CheckM8
- -Fr will now find references to addresses in kernelcaches even if it's tagged pointers!

- Bufixes:
- Will not dump file sections which aren't mapped
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby morpheus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:26 pm

AGA:
----

- --machoize: Useful for building a fake Mach-O header over arbitrary ARM64 images (*cough* iBoot *cough*) to then subject to analysis
- BVX2 compression supported (for iPhone9 kernelcaches, and possibly some others). I also transparently go through the $%#$%# FAT header (seriously, AAPL, WHY?!) to point to the MH_MAGIC_64
morpheus
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Tools