* Copyright (c) 2000 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved.
* This file contains Original Code and/or Modifications of Original Code
* as defined in and that are subject to the Apple Public Source License
* Version 2.0 (the 'License'). You may not use this file except in
* compliance with the License. The rights granted to you under the License
* may not be used to create, or enable the creation or redistribution of,
* unlawful or unlicensed copies of an Apple operating system, or to
* circumvent, violate, or enable the circumvention or violation of, any
* terms of an Apple operating system software license agreement.
* Please obtain a copy of the License at
* http://www.opensource.apple.com/apsl/ and read it before using this file.
* The Original Code and all software distributed under the License are
* distributed on an 'AS IS' basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER
* EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND APPLE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES,
* INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
* FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
* Please see the License for the specific language governing rights and
* limitations under the License.
* Mach Operating System
* Copyright (c) 1991,1990,1989,1988,1987 Carnegie Mellon University
* All Rights Reserved.
* Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its
* documentation is hereby granted, provided that both the copyright
* notice and this permission notice appear in all copies of the
* software, derivative works or modified versions, and any portions
* thereof, and that both notices appear in supporting documentation.
* CARNEGIE MELLON ALLOWS FREE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IN ITS "AS IS"
* CONDITION. CARNEGIE MELLON DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND FOR
* ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
* Carnegie Mellon requests users of this software to return to
* Software Distribution Coordinator or Software.Distribution@CS.CMU.EDU
* School of Computer Science
* Carnegie Mellon University
* Pittsburgh PA 15213-3890
* any improvements or extensions that they make and grant Carnegie Mellon
* the rights to redistribute these changes.
* File: h/kern_return.h
* Author: Avadis Tevanian, Jr.
* Date: 1985
* Kernel return codes.
#define KERN_SUCCESS 0
#define KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS 1
/* Specified address is not currently valid.
#define KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE 2
/* Specified memory is valid, but does not permit the
* required forms of access.
#define KERN_NO_SPACE 3
/* The address range specified is already in use, or
* no address range of the size specified could be
#define KERN_INVALID_ARGUMENT 4
/* The function requested was not applicable to this
* type of argument, or an argument is invalid
#define KERN_FAILURE 5
/* The function could not be performed. A catch-all.
#define KERN_RESOURCE_SHORTAGE 6
/* A system resource could not be allocated to fulfill
* this request. This failure may not be permanent.
#define KERN_NOT_RECEIVER 7
/* The task in question does not hold receive rights
* for the port argument.
#define KERN_NO_ACCESS 8
/* Bogus access restriction.
#define KERN_MEMORY_FAILURE 9
/* During a page fault, the target address refers to a
* memory object that has been destroyed. This
* failure is permanent.
#define KERN_MEMORY_ERROR 10
/* During a page fault, the memory object indicated
* that the data could not be returned. This failure
* may be temporary; future attempts to access this
* same data may succeed, as defined by the memory
#define KERN_ALREADY_IN_SET 11
/* The receive right is already a member of the portset.
#define KERN_NOT_IN_SET 12
/* The receive right is not a member of a port set.
#define KERN_NAME_EXISTS 13
/* The name already denotes a right in the task.
#define KERN_ABORTED 14
/* The operation was aborted. Ipc code will
* catch this and reflect it as a message error.
#define KERN_INVALID_NAME 15
/* The name doesn't denote a right in the task.
#define KERN_INVALID_TASK 16
/* Target task isn't an active task.
#define KERN_INVALID_RIGHT 17
/* The name denotes a right, but not an appropriate right.
#define KERN_INVALID_VALUE 18
/* A blatant range error.
#define KERN_UREFS_OVERFLOW 19
/* Operation would overflow limit on user-references.
#define KERN_INVALID_CAPABILITY 20
/* The supplied (port) capability is improper.
#define KERN_RIGHT_EXISTS 21
/* The task already has send or receive rights
* for the port under another name.
#define KERN_INVALID_HOST 22
/* Target host isn't actually a host.
#define KERN_MEMORY_PRESENT 23
/* An attempt was made to supply "precious" data
* for memory that is already present in a
* memory object.
#define KERN_MEMORY_DATA_MOVED 24
/* A page was requested of a memory manager via
* memory_object_data_request for an object using
* a MEMORY_OBJECT_COPY_CALL strategy, with the
* VM_PROT_WANTS_COPY flag being used to specify
* that the page desired is for a copy of the
* object, and the memory manager has detected
* the page was pushed into a copy of the object
* while the kernel was walking the shadow chain
* from the copy to the object. This error code
* is delivered via memory_object_data_error
* and is handled by the kernel (it forces the
* kernel to restart the fault). It will not be
* seen by users.
#define KERN_MEMORY_RESTART_COPY 25
/* A strategic copy was attempted of an object
* upon which a quicker copy is now possible.
* The caller should retry the copy using
* vm_object_copy_quickly. This error code
* is seen only by the kernel.
#define KERN_INVALID_PROCESSOR_SET 26
/* An argument applied to assert processor set privilege
* was not a processor set control port.
#define KERN_POLICY_LIMIT 27
/* The specified scheduling attributes exceed the thread's
#define KERN_INVALID_POLICY 28
/* The specified scheduling policy is not currently
* enabled for the processor set.
#define KERN_INVALID_OBJECT 29
/* The external memory manager failed to initialize the
* memory object.
#define KERN_ALREADY_WAITING 30
/* A thread is attempting to wait for an event for which
* there is already a waiting thread.
#define KERN_DEFAULT_SET 31
/* An attempt was made to destroy the default processor
#define KERN_EXCEPTION_PROTECTED 32
/* An attempt was made to fetch an exception port that is
* protected, or to abort a thread while processing a
* protected exception.
#define KERN_INVALID_LEDGER 33
/* A ledger was required but not supplied.
#define KERN_INVALID_MEMORY_CONTROL 34
/* The port was not a memory cache control port.
#define KERN_INVALID_SECURITY 35
/* An argument supplied to assert security privilege
* was not a host security port.
#define KERN_NOT_DEPRESSED 36
/* thread_depress_abort was called on a thread which
* was not currently depressed.
#define KERN_TERMINATED 37
/* Object has been terminated and is no longer available
#define KERN_LOCK_SET_DESTROYED 38
/* Lock set has been destroyed and is no longer available.
#define KERN_LOCK_UNSTABLE 39
/* The thread holding the lock terminated before releasing
* the lock
#define KERN_LOCK_OWNED 40
/* The lock is already owned by another thread
#define KERN_LOCK_OWNED_SELF 41
/* The lock is already owned by the calling thread
#define KERN_SEMAPHORE_DESTROYED 42
/* Semaphore has been destroyed and is no longer available.
#define KERN_RPC_SERVER_TERMINATED 43
/* Return from RPC indicating the target server was
* terminated before it successfully replied
#define KERN_RPC_TERMINATE_ORPHAN 44
/* Terminate an orphaned activation.
#define KERN_RPC_CONTINUE_ORPHAN 45
/* Allow an orphaned activation to continue executing.
#define KERN_NOT_SUPPORTED 46
/* Empty thread activation (No thread linked to it)
#define KERN_NODE_DOWN 47
/* Remote node down or inaccessible.
#define KERN_NOT_WAITING 48
/* A signalled thread was not actually waiting. */
#define KERN_OPERATION_TIMED_OUT 49
/* Some thread-oriented operation (semaphore_wait) timed out
#define KERN_CODESIGN_ERROR 50
/* During a page fault, indicates that the page was rejected
* as a result of a signature check.
#define KERN_POLICY_STATIC 51
/* The requested property cannot be changed at this time.
#define KERN_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER_SIZE 52
/* The provided buffer is of insufficient size for the requested data.
#define KERN_DENIED 53
/* Denied by security policy
#define KERN_MISSING_KC 54
/* The KC on which the function is operating is missing
#define KERN_INVALID_KC 55
/* The KC on which the function is operating is invalid
#define KERN_NOT_FOUND 56
/* A search or query operation did not return a result
#define KERN_RETURN_MAX 0x100
/* Maximum return value allowable
#endif /* _MACH_KERN_RETURN_H_ */