MOXiI 2nd Edition Status Update Page
09/27/2016 - Volume III is OUT
Volume III is out - you can get it directly here when orders open next week, or just preorder and buy through Amazon
Yes, it was delayed, but it's done. A month later than I had hoped, but - finished at last. Weighing in at 440+ pages, Volume III - dealing exclusively with Security & Insecurity - is now being sent into print
- wen eta
jailbreak b00k? Now. Book is finalized and being sent to print. Official orders through this site and via Amazon start shipping 10/10.
- What?! Why not NOW NOW? Hey, people - I need to p-r-i-n-t this. Also I have a backlog of preorders to fill, so bear with me!
- Why was this delayed? you promised Late August! Yeah, well, what can I do. I was really hoping to get my hands on a sample of Pegasus/Trident so I could also add it to the book. All entities in possession of this sample were very promising, but didn't really deliver. And I can't hold back anymore now that Mac OS 12/iOS 10 is out!
- So how do we get the book? Direct ordering via this website will be available soon, but you can also get preorders via Amazon
- Why not direct orders through this website now???
Because I still need to print stock. I'll open this up when I have more - just so you get the idea I have preorders in the (low) hundreds. I'm doing my best. I'm just one guy here!
- What if I preordered through the website already? Then you get preference, of course. I'll be reaching out to you to ask you if you haven't changed your mind, and if so ask for a humble payment.
- Can I see what's in the book? sure. In a nutshell, everything related to security in Apple's OSes - both MacOS and the *OS variants, of course. Part I deals with the mechanisms (Authentication, Authorization, Auditing, MACF, Code Signing, Gatekeeper, AMFI, SIP, Sandboxing, Privacy and Data Protection), and Part II deals with all modern jailbreaks from evasi0n 6 to Pangu's 9.1, as well as classic vulnerablities for [10.]10.x and [10.]11.x, some of which are explained in detail for the very first time! Oh, yeah, and there's an appendix with a MacOS Hardening checklist, too
- No, really, like detailed what's in the book? - Sure. The detailed ToC is right here.
- Where can I comment/flame/ask questions? - Same place as usual - The NewOSXBook forum. I welcome all suggestions and queries in The Book's Forum, anytime. My only request is that you post there (anonymously is fine), rather than email or twitter, please.
- Wait, what's this "print" thing - What, no e-Book?!?!?! Nope. Not for a while. Sorry
- When's Volume I and II coming? Soon. Volume III started as one chapter in Volume I.. just so you get the level of detail we're talking about here. Volume I (user space) will be next, then Volume II (kernel/hardware). But I also owe a debt to Android enthusiasts first, which I intend to repay with interest.
- When's the next instance of your MOXiI training? - That's The Tg Training in NYC this 10/31!. If you register you get the book for free, so don't buy it :-P